Containerize Oracle Databases
Still running your databases on underutilized bare metal servers? Looking to consolidate your databases and reduce license costs, but not create an OS sprawl? If the answers are YES, then join us to see how Linux containers technologies like docker and LXC can help to containerize Oracle.
We will explore how to use containers to consolidate databases without compromising performance, while guaranteeing isolation and no manageability changes. We will examine and contrast other prevalent consolidation approaches, along with the roadblocks they present and how containerization helps you overcome those problems.
In this session, we will show you how to
- Configure an Oracle RAC database on LXC
- Apply IO resource management on your Oracle database running in a container
- Simplify database lifecycle management tasks with single click clone, time travel
- Deliver bare-metal-like performance, while retaining all virtualization benefits with Robin Containerization Platform for relational databases like Oracle
Deba Chatterjee, Director Products, Robin Systems, presents this on-demand webinar
Large enterprises with hundreds of mission-critical Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as Oracle are looking to do the following in their data centers:
- Consolidate databases
- Reduce software license costs
- Reduce server floor space
- Reduce power consumption
- Gain predictable performance
- Maximize hardware utilization