Whether they are using DataStax or Apache Cassandra, most Cassandra users we speak with the struggle to solve some of the persistent challenges in Dev/Test environments. In my earlier blog post also I wrote about all the stuff that goes on before production in the DataStax/Cassandra environments.
I have seen many DataStax/Cassandra challenges all through my long experience as an Enterprise Architect at SAP and as a Solutions Engineer at DataStax. Now I am sharing my top suggestions for improving your speed of deployment with Rapid Clusters, Cluster Cloning, and Time Traveling Your Application.
DataStax/Cassandra Interesting Information
- Guaranteeing Quality of Service (QoS)
- Maintaining Cluster Configuration During Clone Process
- Getting Space Efficient Clusters from Clones
- Using Robin Cloud Platform to Take Point in Time Application Snapshots (and how it ties back into cloning)
See the full DataStax/Cassandra Dev/Test webinar here for all the insights and advice.
Want to Test Drive Cassandra on Robin Cloud Platform?
Robin Cloud Platform (RCP) Community Edition (CE)* is ideal for small DevOps teams looking to get started with RCP and experimenting with container-based apps.
- Designed to run any linux application, especially stateful applications like big data and databases
- Spin up clusters within minutes
- Includes QoS, Scaling, Cloning, Snapshots, Time Travel
- “Free for Life”; auto-deployment on AWS with up to 5 nodes (any size)
*CE includes pre-packaged Cassandra, MongoDB, Elasticsearch and Big Data bundles